The first week end results

I am waiting for all the results, I will update this post when I know more about this first rugby week end.

• Athens RFC 80 - 7 Attica Springboks
  • Colossus of Rhodes 20 – 0 Athens Spartans RFC
  • Meg. Kal. Trikala.0 – 39 Iraklis Thess.
  • Anagennisi 2005– Spartakos Thess : postponed…

The season seems to start like it finished. The finalists last year won the first battle but hopefully for us public not the war. Will ARFC beat their last year records of 331 points scored?

9 Responses to “The first week end results”

1. 1 omiros fanariotis Nov 20th, 2006 at 3:24 pm

Athens RFC – Attica Springbocks 80 – 07

2. 2 chris 13 Nov 22nd, 2006 at 3:54 pm

i heard too many comments outside the game for me and i am very disapointed…….i don’t think that anybody can talk about me….i may did some mistakes but i played very clean this last game with springboks….
    the sad thing is that its a team try to stop one player that is sad….i am glad i am leaving this champ…you guys don’t need players like me …you like the easy game…
    so thanks for the comments and learn how to hand off…..i did cause if you ever play madden 2006 on your game console….you will understand where i come from (i played in hell NCAA 2000-2003)ucla bruins we ruled….and i survived and got hurt 2 games before my $1.000.000.000 contract with denver broncos…sad …….
    i am given a chance know and i will grab it from the hair……i promise you ….\

thanks for listening to me
    work hard

3. 3 fanaritotis Omiros Nov 27th, 2006 at 8:29 pm

After the game Athens RFC vs Springboks RFC many comments where made about the Athens RFC players misconduct during the game.

I understand that many people in Greece feel threatened by the way the club is improving constantly and the way they are winning the games. I am the kind of person that believes that the hard work that is put in making Greeks into rugby players is shown on the pitch.

Sometimes when the level or rugby that is played by a club is very hard to reach, the mentality in this country is that everyone wants to find an excuse in order to degrade the clubs win.

It is quite frustrating that being in Greece and playing a foreign sport the people involved in it still have the Greek mentality in their minds. Many things are constantly said about Athens Rugby and so called ‘rugby lovers’ are trying via other means to disembody the club.

The players of the club can understand what is going around them and in every game the do not only have to win their opponents but also all other whispers that are going around about their clubs which is the players.

4. 4 Michael Artemis Dec 1st, 2006 at 5:03 pm

To all,

Fact – I was not there to witness any of the events that took place during this game.

However:

Fact – there was a referee present to conduct the game in a correct manner, according to the HRU regulations.

Fact – the final score was ARFC 80 – Springboks 07.

Conclusion:

ARFC won the game by a mile – damn, I’d say it was a whitewash.

Advice:

If I was a Springbok player, I’d try to forget this game as soon as possible, and train as hard as I possibly can to get ready for the next game against ARFC, and beat them.

Note – There’s no way one player alone can make a 50 point difference in a rugby game; unless your name is Dan Carter.

So, just accept your defeat and move forward – in a positive and constructive way.

If you’re unwilling to do that – and you prefer to process the fact you’ve been beaten by spreading gossip about people you don’t even know – then please go and play darts…. because you sure ain’t a rugby player.

Many success to everyone in the Greek competition.

Michael.

5. 5 Mr Dav Dec 2nd, 2006 at 11:36 pm

Well gentlemen, I believe that nobody understood what was said in the third half. The Athens R.F.C. beat us in an indisputable manner and the score is there to prove that. Congratulations to Athens R.F.C. and believe that the Springboks will work hard and prepare for the next game to win it.
    What was said is that the ref was not able to see and judge a few “bad” things that happen on the field and that is regrettable because I believe that rugby level in Greece is getting higher and that the refs level should also get better to be able to referee our games.
    Congratulations Athens

Mr Dav

6. 6 HMarc Dec 4th, 2006 at 9:58 am

Few comments to complement Mr Dav:
    1- Only one person reacted on this game and this was the penalized one. Why to blame Springboks for what happened to him?
    2- No springbok member express any doubt on the result!
    3- Springboks is the Greek team with the biggest number of experienced members (16 with 15 to 40 years of rugby education from 7 different countries (12 veterans)). I don’t think they can receive lessons as it concerns rugby eductation!
    4- I was not expecting that an intelligent and good player such as Artemis (pinpointing himself that “he was not there”) would comment on hear-say and so specifically. In the future, I advise him to check his info before commenting.
    Hmarc

7. 7 omiros fanariotis Dec 4th, 2006 at 10:36 am

Mr Dav is correct and has been proven right once again as what I saw and also heard of what happened this weekend in the game Springboks vs Rodos.

The players are trying their best in order to compete in the league but there are still issues that need to be resolved in order to make ether game safer and more enjoyable for the players.

So lets make it simple for the people that control the game in Greece what changes are needed to be made.

8. 8 Michael Artemis Dec 4th, 2006 at 2:46 pm

Boys,

My sincere appologies concerning my comments.

Apparently, I was misinformed about some things and – indeed – I was not there, so I have no right of speech.

Sorry again, I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions.

Michael.

9. 9 HMarc Dec 5th, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Michael,
    Your reply is a rare example of sincerity and ethic. That’s the spirit everybody should adopt!
    Thanks.